Go to www.travelandleisure.com, scroll down until the "most popular" heading. Read "World's strangest New Year's Traditions." Have you ever heard of some of those New Year's traditions? Do you do any of those? What do you think of them?
Then read "World's Worst Travel deseases." Have you or someone you know ever had these deseases? How do knowing these deseases can easily be obtained change your future travel plans?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I never heard of those New Year's traditions. I don't do you any of them. I think they're weird.
ReplyDeleteNo one I know ever had these deseases. It's not going to change any of my travel plans.
I definitelt think the people from scotland are strange. Swinging balls of fire? seriously. I'll just stick to fireworks. Thank you
ReplyDelete1. no
ReplyDelete2. no
3. some are odd but in a unique way
1. no
2. i know that certain places have certain disease i have to watch out for or certain thing in one area can have. and by knowing it can help me do things to prevent from having it.
I think these people are from another planet because they do strange things people wouldn't think of like with the bonfire. Are they really crazy.
ReplyDeleteWell i thought each traditions was different but interesting and i have never seen anything like that in my life some of the traditions were amazing I would one day love to try them but not tall some were just crazy. But no i dont do any of the traditions that I've seen today...
ReplyDeleteI thought that some of those traditions was just crazy. It didn't really make sense to me but it's really not for me to decide. They probably believe some of the traditions we have are crazy too.
ReplyDeleteDuring New Years many people have their own traditions, mine are completely different. Some things were the same like spending time with friends and family. While others were crazy are uncalled for. With that being said have fun how ever you feel happy.
ReplyDeleteNo i have never heard of any of the traditions on the website. The Panama tradition sounds like something i would do if wearing yellow draws is going to get me more money.
ReplyDeleteWhen i read "The World strategest NEW Year Traditions" I didnt know that countries wear a type of underwear and other type of clothes to bring good fortune and a new spirts. People also eat diffrent fruits to bring them something good
ReplyDeleteWell after taking some consideration into that statement i would say that i would stay here because i wouldn't be going to some random island place where their tradition is to chop off ya arm then feed it to ya or somethin.
ReplyDeleteOn *World's strangest New Year's Traditions*-i've neverr heard of these.i think its crazyy.
ReplyDeletebut thats how people wanna catorized.i wear anything i think is really cute and flashy type stuff on New Years =)
On *World's Worst Travel deseases*-my opinion,,i dont know people who travel to far to get these illnesses;;but i would research where i want to go then make my decision.=)
1.No
ReplyDelete2.No
3.i think they are different than what most peple do. Its their tradition.
1.No
2.There are many places with different diseases and only knowing about them can you prevent them from spreading.
no, i havent heard anything bout the underwear tradition.i think the underwear one is crazi but if it its more money and love i'll do it....
ReplyDeleteI think its nice an the people doin there thing blowin stuff up with the pop crackers !!!
ReplyDeleteI have never celebrated the new years like that and have never seen some of those things. A few was alright but the others were stupid.
ReplyDelete"The World's Strangest New Year Traditions" This one is crazy predict the coming year by casting molten tin into a container of water, and then interpreting the shape the metal takes after hardening. A heart or ring shape means a wedding in the New Year; a ship forecasts travel; and a pig shape signifies plenty of food.
ReplyDeleteThat is weird who actually has time to do that. I know its New Years but my goodness!
I have never heard of those traditions and I won't do any of them either. I think they are weird. But people have do their thing, and i'll do mine.
ReplyDeleteI don't know anybody with those diseases. They are not going to change my travel plans. I'll just be careful not to get them.
I never heard of those New Year's traditions. I don't do you any of them. I think they're weird.
ReplyDeleteNo one I know ever had these deseases. It's not going to change any of my travel plans.
1. no
ReplyDelete2. no
3. some are odd but in a unique way
1. no
2. i know that certain places have certain disease i have to watch out for or certain thing in one area can have. and by knowing it can help me do things to prevent from having it.
In my opinion, every country has their own culture so, if in their culture they choose to wear colorful underwear and have swinging balls of fire, thats their choice even though it may seem odd to us, its normal to them!
ReplyDeleteWell i thought each traditions was different but interesting and i have never seen anything like that in my life some of the traditions were amazing I would one day love to try them but not tall some were just crazy. But no i dont do any of the traditions that I've seen today...
ReplyDeleteMs. Cajina,
ReplyDeleteNo, i don't do any of these traditions and some of them are weird.
I know a boy who had West Nile disease and its nothing to play with. He almost died from it.
man thay do there thing we do ours.
ReplyDeleteif i was in Bolivia or Venezuela i'd be whereing some red boxers and like three yellow gota get dat money
These New Year traditions were interesting, but weird. I can and do relate one, and thats the one where the little girl was jumping of a chair and jumping up and down. I always jump off of things and jump up and down and scream on New Years day.
ReplyDeleteIn my opinion, every country has their own culture so, if in their culture they choose to wear colorful underwear and have swinging balls of fire, thats their choice even though it may seem odd to us, its normal to them!
ReplyDeleteI have heard of some of these diseases..But as far as me ever having it no..I also tend not to have it..But wat i do knoe is most of these diseases are found in other countries and in those third world's....
ReplyDeleteOn the "Worlds Worst Traveling Diseases" a little less than half of the diseases come from Mosquitos. Thats scary 'cuz we have a LOT of 'squitos and we are bitten a lot. so it makes me wonder what the 'squitos down here have. Damn Mosquitos.
ReplyDeleteWhen i read the world's worst travel disease it made me relize vacations isn't always great there are risk that you dont even know u can get a disease that can kill and it might be permant it. if u dont be careful it can happen to you. i dont know people that got any disease. I will still go on vacations because i always wanted to travel and i just be extra careful
ReplyDeleteNo i have never heard of any of these traditions. These people are very much different in many ways. To protect from these diseases is to know more about them to protect yourself.
ReplyDeleteI would hate to go on a vacation and come back with a disease I would never go abck or recommend that other people go there!
ReplyDeletesome diseases i never heard of but...but you also have to be careful and search and really think and research about the places you want to visit
ReplyDeleteI have heard of New Years Traditions. I love it. But swinging balls of fire is kinda crazy! I think I like fireworks betta! I neva heard of someone having those disease.
ReplyDeleteOn World's Worst Travel diseases the way i feel is these are disease you can get anywhere you go so you have to be careful what you are around and what you do.
ReplyDeleteI haven't celebrated andy thing like that or seen any thing like that, a few was ok the rest was stupid
ReplyDeletethe article was interesting but weird and i can relate to one of and thats the one when the little girl was screaming and jumping up and down lol
ReplyDeleteAfter reading about the diseases, that makes me don't even wont to travel especially the topic about the wine, im a have to be bring my own sizurp if you know what i meen
ReplyDelete